Thursday, 24 October 2013

Oswestry Makes!

It's been a long time in the planning, but last week was the very first Oswestry Makes fibre festival. The first meetings happened well over a year ago, and there were lots of different ideas flying around, so it was very exciting to finally see it happen! There was knitting, sewing, crochet, spinning and all sorts of other crafts, but sadly I missed out on having a proper look around because I was so busy myself!
I ran free drop-in crochet workshops in my stall on both Saturdays, as well as in the library on the Thursday evening, where I taught the basics of how to make a granny square, and it was fantastic to start so many people off on their crochet adventures.
I made sure to photograph every single square, I'm so proud! 
I'm already making notes for next year, things that I could do differently (maybe have appointments rather than drop-in sessions, it was rather busy!) and things that I'd like to try, and we're having a meeting soon to hatch some new plans. It's the start of something really very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x