Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Hat Happiness!

Something very exciting happened last week - our hat delivery was featured on Innocent Smoothie's facebook page! Isn't that ace?!
"Gemma sent us this email before visiting Fruit Towers to hand deliver 2800 hats for the Big Knit: "I love to knit and started knitting the little hats about six years ago, just sending a little parcel in every year. In 2010, after I finished my degree, I opened a stall selling my jewellery and handmade crafts in Oswestry Indoor market and the market is such a big part of the local community that I decided to make it a collection point for the hats! In 2011 I collected 827 hats, in 2012 there were 1160, and this year (with a target of 1500) we made it to 2800! The best thing about it is that so many people get involved, and every year I meet new people who want to contribute - it's really great to offer to deliver the hats in person too, so that everyone knows that their hats arrive safely!" To Gemma and all the Oswestry knitters, on behalf of Age UK and everyone at innocent, thank you for being so brilliant"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x