Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Big Knit-Along!

My annual knit-along for AgeUK and Innocent Smoothie was held in my stall on Friday. It was a lovely day and we have 972 hats finished so far! 
 We had helpers of all ages, including my friends three and a half year old twins making pompoms and we even got the market manager to have a go at knitting! 

The first 300 are already bagged up ready to be taken to London, the rest are on display in my stall for a bit longer yet. The highlight of the day, aside from seeing so many lovely people and collecting so many hats, was the hat made by seven year-old Rueben - what a superstar!
It was such a lovely day, and we're doing so well for the charity - we only need just over 500 hats to beat our target for the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x