Wednesday, 31 July 2013

The Big Knit 2013

For the last two years I have hosted a knitting day for the AgeUK and Innocent Smoothie Big Knit campaign, where we knit little hats, make pompoms and drink tea! My stall also serves the purpose of a drop-off point for the hats for local knitters throughout the run-up to the deadline, and in the last two years we've made 1987 hats, raising nearly £500 for the charity. This year our target is 1500 hats, and the knitting day will be Friday 16th August!
The first 100 hats have already been delivered - they are already on display in my stall and they are beautiful! 
I'm really looking forward to this years hat day, I'm so proud of what we've already achieved and can't wait to see how we get on this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x