Friday, 3 May 2013

Thrifty Friday

It's been an amazing week and I've been in a spin since winning my Young Entrepreneur award on Wednesday, so after work today I went for a look around my favourite charity shops and found a few little treasures. Now I know my plan was to buy as little as possible this year, and so far I am doing pretty well with it, but I am justifying my purchases by the fact that they are all things that I had been looking for - first up, a sweet little bowl...
...for the purposes of popping my yarn balls in as I crochet to save them rolling around on the floor! See, absolutely practical, and even better, it's pretty! 
 And books. I don't believe that there's such a thing as too many books. I found three by Jojo Moyes, I read "Me Before You" last year and I rather enjoyed it so I was thrilled to find two of her more recent books! I also picked up "Before I go to Sleep" by SJ Watson, based on a review I'd read. I'm not usually a fan of thrillers so I'll have to see how I get on with that one! 
 Now I am planning an evening of crochet, movies and relaxing - it's much needed!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the award and the bowl!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x