Saturday, 16 March 2013

Baking a Cake...

It has to be said that I'm not much of a baker. I'm fine with that, there are lots of things that I do pretty well but making cake is not my forte. Like I say, I'm fine with it. But this evening my husband and I embarked on a fairly crazy baking project...
 I have to say that I mostly just supervised the order of colours and did a bit of spreading the mixture around, the actual baking part was all my husband's doing, but between us we made this...
 The purple icing is lemon flavoured, with a layer of strawberry jam underneath, and the pink splatters on the top are glittery. The cake itself is just a Victoria Sponge but with layers and the all-important food colouring. 
It's a fairly unconventional cake, and maybe not the most elegant, but it tastes marvellous, and who could ask for more than that?! Next we plan to make cupcakes...

1 comment:

  1. wow! am pretty amazed by this! and i love that its lemon flavoured!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x