Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Ta-Da Tuesday!

Last month we had an abundance of snow, and there was even a day where my little stall was closed, and on that day I started putting together the huge bundle of crochet and knitted squares that I had been working on for months and then forgotten about...
This is actually part of my New Year plan, to finish projects off. I feel so pleased - I've used up lots of odd yarn, emptied a bag of half done project, and made something that will keep us warm on cold evenings. 
I finished putting together the squares about two weeks ago, but I want to do a couple more rounds on the edging yet. That will wait until the mood takes me though, for now I am just enjoying cosying up under it! I haven't started any new projects, another of my New Years Resolutions, I am just working on old stuff, and of course socks. It's a good feeling.
For some more Ta-Da Tuesdays, pop over to Faith, Hope and Charity Shopping!

7 comments:

  1. Good idea to finish off all the old projects - I did the same with books last year and still have a few half read ones lying around. The blanket looks great, I love all the colours and the design.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must have taken so much time but it's utterly fab and cheerful! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. bright and cheerful and fab x well done. I've still got 4 UFOs to finish! Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. The great thing about doing edging is that you stay cosy under the blanket while you do it!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the same thought as Liz. I really like the 'modern art' look of this. It reminds me of a Mondrian!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I think it's a wonderful idea to not start any new projects, but I have such a hard time with it. I've been on a hat kick lately. Found out how easy they are to crochet. Stay warm!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found you thanks to Faith, Hope and Charity's Ta-Da Tuesday post. Thanks for the lovely idea; I don't have knit or crochet squares ready to go, but I'm thinking this would also make a cute quilt top. I'm going to try one with 9-patch squares, then maybe a 4-patch, as I have some gorgeous fat quarters that I don't want to cut up so small I can't appreciate the pattern. Great blog, by the way. Thanks again. ~ Linne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x