Tuesday, 8 January 2013

New Year's Resolutions 2013

I'm a little bit late with this I know, but my resolutions for this year are pretty straightforward....
  • Keep reading an average of a book per week/four books per month 
  • Try to finish projects that I start and not start new ones until I've finished one!
  • Try to use up some of my yarn stash and try not to buy new yarn
  • And try to shop more conscientiously - I want to try and keep my shopping limited to local independent shops, markets and charity shops, and I want to limit my overall amount of shopping. 
I'm hoping that these will be achievable goals for 2013! I must confess that I have found myself hoarding yarn and books over the last couple of years, and I want 2013 to be a year of making use of what I already have, as well as parting with some of the random stuff I've accumulated... I want to only keep what is useful, and be a little bit more organised...I think my ideal for 2013 would be to spend time knitting with good friends over tea and cake, and making things that I will love well into next year! 
I thought I'd share my most recent article for my local community magazine I Heart SY, which funnily enough is on the subject of Upcycling...

Happy New Year - I hope that it will be a delightful and productive year for us all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x