Thursday, 10 January 2013

Makings...

 I have been very busy knitting lately -

These are my husband's Christmas socks. I finished them two weeks after Christmas, but he still seems pretty happy with them! They are from this lovely pattern "Knitting Pattern for beginner Socks", I just increased the amount of stitches. I think they're rather snazzy!

I've also been practising my cable knitting, using this pattern - I've finished the first glove, I just need to get a wriggle on with the second one, particularly since the weather seems to have taken a turn for the freezing! The yarn I'm using is called Alena, according to my local yarn shop it is Aran weight, it doesn't seem to be that thick, but it certainly is working well for this pattern, and it's a gorgeous colour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x