Thursday, 11 October 2012

Blogtoberfest day #11 - My Creative Space

I'm trying something new out today... I know I have lots of projects on the go at the moment, but it was just too tempting not to have a go! Yesterday one of my friends from Stitch and Bitch came up to my stall with some hexagons, all from very funky vintage fabrics, that her mum had been working on. I've never really done any quilting, other than patching together some squares, so I just couldn't resist having a go at putting some together, and quite frankly, I think I'm hooked already! I made these three sets last night, and today I'm going to carry on joining! 

These are the other hexagons - I've tried to pick out the colours in the outer hexagons for the centres, I think it's going to look pretty when it's all done! 
I've had a look online for some quilting advice - 1/4" Mark has a really good tutorial for making the hexagons and joining them together, and Tallgrass Prairie Studio has lots of really beautiful modern quilts! Lots of inspiration!
I'm joining in with My Creative Space today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x