Monday, 1 October 2012

Blogtoberfest 2012 - Day #1

This is my first year joining in with Blogtoberfest, and really my main intention (as this is my first time) is just to blog daily and share some of my creative projects...so here goes...
Most of my time recently has been taken up with a new idea for my stall - it's basically a new branch to gemmipop designs that I've called gemmipop vintage. 
The main logic behind it all is that I absolutely love vintage linens and fabrics, and want to incorporate them into my day to day making - I hate to think of such beautiful fabrics being folded up and hidden away, so I want to make things that can be worn, or just generally displayed and admired. I have been quietly working on brooches and birds and a couple of other bits and bobs, all made from pre-loved fabrics, and I'm really quite excited about it all. I am planning to have a whole corner of my shop dedicated to it once I've got enough stock made, but as always, there's not quite enough hours in the day! I'll be posting photographs of my makings as I go along, here and on my facebook page, and as these things will be made from vintage fabrics, once they're gone they're gone, so if you see anything you fancy please do give me a shout and I can put it away for you!
Thank you to everyone who has given me feedback already about this new project, as always your support is gratefully received!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gemmipop,
    So happy you're joining us for Blogtoberfest 12. Gemmipop Vintage looks absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations!
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh good luck with posting every day, I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it! Your new range looks very sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x