Sunday, 9 September 2012

Thrift-a-long!

I had a great week of thrifting, and found lots of lovely things!
I picked up the tea-cup and saucer on Tuesday from a second-hand furniture shop, and the floral vase on Wednesday from my favourite charity shop which I pass (and regularly frequent) on my way to work. I'm planning to make my spare room into a proper work space over the next few weeks, so there will be a little space made for them...
On Thursday I had a girly shopping day with my charity shop partner-in-crime Vicky, and I found a bag of lovely green yarn which also had a bag of buttons at the bottom, and some very sweet green beads! I was clearly in a green mood...The floral fabric I found yesterday on a very quick mooch around a charity shop I was passing after I finished in the stall. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet but I thought it was cheerful! 
Also on Thursday I found this Patti Smith 12" single, a bargain at £2 from a vintage/retro shop.
And continuing the musical theme, some tapes for my new cassette player...
Lots of good listening! 
I'm joining in with "Thrift-a-long" over at Divajools for the first time today - do pop over to see the lovely things she's found this week! 

2 comments:

  1. You really did have a successful week hunting up treasures! It is funny how sometimes your eye is drawn to a particular colour or pattern isn't it? Loving the music choices too - I keep telling myself that cassette tapes are bound to make a come-back ... Thanks for joining in!
    x
    sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw on another blog where they turned a teacup into a pincushion by crocheting a flower pattern and fit over the top of the teacup. Twas cute! I have a cd player and it's already outdated. People tend to download music now, so I buy cd's at garage sales all the time!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x