Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Button Button...

In a bid to encourage craftyness amongst my lovely customers I have been selling Yo-yo Brooch making kits, which have been extremely popular and have indeed sparked off some interesting crafty creativity! As an extension of that,  I recently started selling brooch pins - the logic being that once the goodies provided in the yo-yo kits have gone, there is a place to stock up on supplies. Well, it's kind of opened a can of worms, because I started thinking about how I could take it further, and I am now in the process of setting up a stand with more jewellery findings (earring parts, jump rings, kilt pins etc)  and buttons as well as the yo-yo kits! 
So yesterday I raided my button stash and started sorting and organising...
I've separated out the sets of buttons, which I have sewn onto cards, and the odd buttons have been divided by colour and put into "grab bags" which will be in a bowl on my counter. 
While I was doing all that, I was also on the lookout for appropriately sized pairs for more button earrings... I found a few...
In the last day or two I have also been writing up my crochet bunting pattern, which I will be putting on sale in the stall soon...
I've been meaning to write it up for ages, I'm so glad I finally got around to it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x