Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Teensy Crochet

On Friday I tried out a pattern from "The Harmony Guide to Crochet Stitches" called "Sunflower Motif" which is very pretty...
but I was struck by the idea that it would be really effective on a smaller scale. I didn't have a teeny-tiny crochet hook with me so I was held up until Saturday to try it out, but it was the first thing I did when I arrived at my stall, and it didn't disappoint! 
I used sewing cotton in fuchsia and pale green for the crochet bit, and found a large button (it's like a half-ball, sorry, can't think of a better way to describe it!), filed the shank off the back and fixed a brooch pin on, and then I put the crochet over and used a running stitch to pull it tight! It's really very pretty and I've been wearing it lots! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x