Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Readings...July

My readings for July have been somewhat varied, given that curiosity overcame good sense in the form of the first two "Fifty Shades..." books. What can I say, I thought there must be something to make them worth the hype...
Anyway, this month I've read -

  • "Just Kids" by Patti Smith
  • "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" by Deborah Moggach
  • "Fifty Shades of Grey" by E L James
  • "Fifty Shades Darker" by E L James
  • "Betty Blue" by Philippe Djian
For August I am planning to read "Little Women", and possibly "Northanger Abbey", just to dilute the effects of "Fifty Shades..." and make sure that my brain still works...

2 comments:

  1. eurgh - i read the first 50 shades.. so bad. the patti smith tho is one of my most favouriteist books ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, it is so very bad, I read the second one in the hope that it might redeem itself, but the second one is worse! I really loved "Just Kids" though, and it was so much more interesting since we'd just seen her live!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x