Monday, 16 July 2012

Day Out!

Today I visited the "Turner, Monet and Twombly: Later Paintings" exhibition at Tate Liverpool. I've been wanting to go since it opened, so I took the opportunity to join a friend and her water-colour class on a day out! 
It's a really beautiful exhibition, the inclusion of five of the Water-Lily paintings was a particular highlight, they really are quite stunning.
The Water-Lily Pond, 1917-1919 by Claude Monet (from Tate Website)


I also popped to the third floor for a look at the  "Innocence and Experience" exhibition, which has been curated by Marianne Faithfull - these are some of my highlights...
Patti Smith, 1978 by Robert Mapplethorpe (borrowed from Tate Website...)
Two Plants, 1977-80 by Lucian Freud (borrowed from Tate Website)
So after such a busy day I am taking it easy with a cup of tea, and having a look at the postcards that I picked up - but before I go I've had some comments relating to my Sunday Snippets post this week, so I thought I'd elaborate a bit...
The photographs are from a shop that I visited last Thursday called "Junk and Disorderly" which is in a lovely town called Shrewsbury. The building (and the town itself) is very old, and the shop has rickety old floorboards, some of the original wallpaper, and lots of funny little nooks. It's a strange little place, and I just couldn't leave without taking a couple of photographs! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, just discovered your blog - I live just outside Oswestry and have visited your stall, your work is lovely!
    Do you know if there are any knitting/crochet groups in or around Oswestry?
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine!
      I'm so glad that you like my work, next time you're visiting do come and say hello, I'd love to meet you! We're a bit short of knitting groups at the moment, but I hear that there's something starting in Weston Rhyn soon, and there is a Stitch and Bitch group that I go to, if you email me on gemma@gemmipopdesigns.com then I'll give you the details! Also, I'm hosting a knit-along in my stall for the AgeUk hats, I've just set up a facebook page - you're more than welcome to come along, the details are here https://www.facebook.com/events/408276449210346/ Hope to see you soon! Gemma

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x