Monday, 9 July 2012

Big Knit 2012!

Last year I hosted a Knit-Along for AgeUK and Innocent Smoothie's "Big Knit" Campaign in my stall. We had a fantastic day, and for weeks before and after I accepted the hats that people had made and took them down to the AgeUK HQ in London the week before the deadline. The thing is, there were so many hats last year - 827 in total - we've set ourselves quite a target to beat - this year I'd really like to have 1000 hats to take! 
So I'm starting early this year with my preparation, and I have a date set for the day - Saturday 25th August! I've spent the afternoon putting some posters together - this one is to put up on the notice board in the market...

and this one is for my stall with a bit of extra info...
I've already had a chat with my Stitch and Bitch girls and they are excited, and a local journalist was kind enough to have a chat with me about it last year so I'm hoping they'll be keen to get on board again - lots of local people came up with hats having seen the article!
So the planning is well under-way for my Big Knit 2012 knit-along!

I've been asked to make it clear that I am not a financial supporter or corporate partner in the Big Knit so there, it's clear, I'm just hosting a knit along

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x