Thursday, 14 June 2012

My Creative Space

Last night I finished my 100th granny square! I laid them out so that I could see them all, and moved them around and shuffled them about and I think this will be the final layout! I've already joined the first row, and put the rest of them into neat little stacks so they will be put together in the right order. So I suspect I will be spending most of the next week joining! 
I'm sewing them together rather than crocheting, so they will lie flat without a ridge - I'm using the invisible stitch from this fab tutorial - the row I've done is looking lovely. My plan is to join two individual rows of squares (like two scarves) and then join them together, just so that I can keep track of the order I want to put them in! 
For more Creative Spaces pop on over here!

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous!!! You should be very proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this is looking so pretty. Good job!!
    elisabethandree.posterous.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! It's looking amazing! I can't wait to see the finished product. I just made a scarf out of granny sqaures because I didn't have the patience to make a whole blanket! So big respect for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW I love this afghan. Gorgeous. A scarf would look good too!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x