Thursday, 7 June 2012

My Creative Space

I really wasn't going to start any new projects. I really honestly wasn't. It happened a little bit by accident - I was sorting through my shelf of fabric in my stall yesterday, and came across a bag of quilting squares that had been passed onto me months and months ago, this was lethally combined with having a quiet day due to torrential downpours (is it possible that summer is over already?!) and so I decided to make a patchwork cushion... 
This is the front, all nicely sewn together already, and bearing in mind it's only the second time I've attempted patchwork, the joins are all pretty neat, with the exception of a couple that are a teensy bit off centre. The next thing to do is to put a strip around the outside (I have some gorgeous fabric already set aside), and then the back, which will be a big orange and cream printed fabric so that it matches but isn't so fancy that it takes away from the patchwork front. So this will be a big cushion, perfect for sitting on the living room floor.
Aside from that, I finished my 83rd granny square yesterday so I'm really close to being done. It's been a productive week!
For more Creative Spaces pop on over here...

2 comments:

  1. I love your ripple afghan. And the quilt accidentally happening. I totally get that. The other day I made a hexagon out of cotton yarn to see what it would look like. I made another, and another, and another. Then I decided...I think it would be a cute blanket. So I accidentally started another afghan, and I have two that aren't finished.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, this is beautiful. I'd love something like that in my room.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x