Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Dot2Dot Festival

Yesterday we took a well deserved day off to go to Dot2Dot festival in Manchester. This is our second year, and it was every bit as good as the first! The best thing about Dot2Dot is that there are a couple of really good head-liners, but mostly there's a bunch of fantastic up and coming bands. Last year was better for head-liners I have to admit (We are Scientists, Darwin Deez, The Joy Formidable, and although he's not my cup of tea, Ed Sheeran was there) but this year was amazing for new finds - firstly was Lucy Rose...
Her songs were beautiful and folky, and I'm already looking forward to listening to her album when it is released!
Secondly were Pearl and the Beard...
They were amazing, really energetic and so talented! We were so blown away that we bought all four of their albums there and then, and when we met them all afterwards they were so sweet and chatted to us for ages!
Today I am having a catch up day - I've just written a short editorial for "I heart SY" which is a local free magazine that are really supportive of the market, next I have an email to send to a new shop that want to stock my work, and I'll be back later with an update of some of my makings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x