Thursday, 31 May 2012

Readings... May

It's been a reasonably good month of reading, as well as these four lovely books, I am halfway through "The Book Thief", which I am enjoying thoroughly but haven't had much time to read! As usual I have had a huge bundle of books that I wanted to get through, but I've been so happy making my latest granny blanket that it's taken over all of my spare time!
So in May I read...

  • "The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake" by Aimee Bender
  • "The Secrets She Keeps" by Helen Cross
  • "All My Friends are Superheroes" by Andrew Kaufman
  • "Tipping The Velvet" by Sarah Waters
I'm hoping to finish "The Book Thief" by the end of the week, and then I have "How to be a Woman" by Caitlin Moran to read next!

4 comments:

  1. i love sarah waters! she's so great.. i've read the lemon cake one which i quite enjoyed... how was the helen cross one? that looks pretty good.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "The Secrets She Keeps" was a bit hard going, didn't really get into it and didn't find any of the characters particularly endearing to be honest, I found the same with "My Summer of Love" though so maybe just not a writer for me. x

      Delete
  2. That's the only Sarah Waters I haven't read yet, but I really want to! It looks fantastic. What did you think of the Lemon Cake one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed "Tipping the Velvet", but to be honest, I think I preferred "Fingersmith", I'm yet to read "The Nightwatch" and "The Little Stranger" so I can't say definitively yet!! "...Lemon Cake" was quite good, certainly a page turner, but a bit odd!x

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x