Thursday, 31 May 2012

My Creative Space

Today has been jolly productive and it's not even lunchtime yet! So far I've put all of my crochet squares out to have a look at - I've done 75 now and I really love them! I have them all bundled up ready and waiting to be put together - just another 25 to go! 
 I've also been baking...

I'm the first to admit that I'm not usually much of a Domestic Goddess in the food department, but I've been making Herman German Friendship cakes and I love them! I made my first one last Tuesday - the original batch of sour dough mixture came from my lovely friend Lowri, and I looked after it for ten days and then split it as per the instructions, and made a (if I may say so) delicious cake for us! I split it so that I kept a second batch, my mum had some and hubby took some to school for one of the other teachers. So again, I looked after it for ten days and today I made a second cake for us (the top one) and a cake for my friend Darren - they're cooling right at this very second! I've kept another lot and have one jarred up ready for my friend Vicky, so I'll be making another cake next weekend! I think I'm making it sound complicated, but it's absolutely worth it! 
So today is going well - my house smells of gorgeous cinnamon and apple, I have happy chickens and cats because it's a little bit cooler today, and this afternoon is all about crochet!! What more could a girl ask?!
For more creative spaces pop on over here...and have a look here because my granny squares got a special mention!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x