Thursday, 17 May 2012

My Creative Space

I've been busy working away on the centres for my new blanket this week, so far I have 42 finished!  
This is a nice little project, and fairly portable - I'm happily throwing a bag of yarn in with my regular work stuff every day when I go to the stall, and working away on them between customers once my to-do list is done! I even made some on the train to London at the weekend! Since I am intending to make about 100 of these, and I've made this many in a week and a half, I suspect I'll be starting the white edges which will make them square in about two weeks! Not ideal to be finishing a blanket as we head into summer, but I wonder if it would be a lovely place to have a picnic at the seaside too?!
For more Creative Spaces pop over here - I would recommend making a cup of tea before you go though, there's lots of lovely things to see this week!

8 comments:

  1. Your blanket is going to look amazing when it's finished. The white edging will really make the colours stand out........

    Nice to be able to whip up a few centres in between customers and while you're on the train. Certainly makes the blanket grow quickly...

    CLaire :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are looking lovely! I have always wondered what to do with circles - squaring them up in white will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I'm sure the finished blanket will look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful! This is exactly what I did when I made my little girls blanket - stard with all the centres and then joined them up on the last row when I turned them into squares.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much, I'm really enjoying making them and it's lovely to know that you all like them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking to My Creative Space, Gemmipop because I am really enjoying popping by to check out what other people are making.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these, so happy looking at all these colours.
    Crochetapy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it . Wish mine were getting done as quickly. Unfortunately they are waiting in the wings so I can finish a few other WIP then Ill be back at it with a passion. Look forward to your finished blankie!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x