Tuesday, 24 April 2012

My Week So Far...


It's only Tuesday, and it's already been a very fun and eventful week!
On Sunday evening we went to see the Lemonheads in Wolverhampton...
 It's the third time I've seen the Lemonheads/Evan Dando, and it was fab as always!
On Monday I spent the afternoon with my buddy Darren, and I had quite a haul from the charity shops...
"The White Tiger" by Aravind Adiga
"Faithfull" by Marianne Faithfull
Three Jesus and Mary Chain 7" singles, a Sundays 7" single and a Sleeper cassette
Three balls of lovely green yarn for my chevron blanket
and a cute little ceramic pooch to be shelf buddy with my other new dog

In the evening hubby and I went along to the World Book Night Party at our lovely local independent bookshop Booka. We had a fab time - we had a giggle completing a quiz, enjoyed some book readings (from "Sherlock Holmes" and "The Woman in Black") and had a choice of five books from the World Book Night Givers - I chose "Good Omens" by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman, and I'm already 170 pages into it!!
We had a really good time, it was really nice catching up with friends and chatting about books! When we got home my lovely husband passed me the shopping bag with our Book Night books in it, and there was an extra paper bag...
And this was what was in it!! I can't wait to get started - I want to make a triceratops first!! 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are having a busy but fun week! That dinosaur book looks cute. I bought a new crochet book that has flowers and insects and such. It even has a honey bee!

    I thought the necklace you made ( a few posts back) with the bird and bird cage looking the mirror was very creative!

    And I am loving your granny square blanket. Seems like you just started it and already up to 30 squares.

    Hope the rest of your week is just as fun.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x