Sunday, 8 April 2012

Flea Market Finds

I haven't had a huge amount of time for thrifty shopping again this week, but I did find a few books on my travels here and there...
Charles Dickens "Great Expectations"
Angela Carter "The Bloody Chamber"
Michel Faber "The Crimson Petal and the White"
and Aimee Bender "The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake"

I finished "Starter for 10" by David Nicholls on Friday night - it was a really good read. I'm going to start "Life Before Man by Margaret Atwood next. I'm going to be taking a short break from my online activities over Easter, but I'll be back on Wednesday!

For more Flea Market Finds pop over to see Sophie Isobel at Her Library Adventures!

1 comment:

  1. I can definitely recommend The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake - I read it just after Christmas and it was such a quick read because I could not tear myself away. Beautiful but odd and sad and heartwarming all at once. Something so lovely about bringing a stack of books home from the charity shop :-)

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x