Wednesday, 28 March 2012

My Busy Day!

My poor thumb still hasn't quite recovered from my crafty mishap on Saturday, so unfortunately my fabric bird-making is still on hold, but I'm not one to waste my day in the stall - I started working on a present for one of the stall-holders, who will be welcoming her newest family member next month! We had been chatting earlier about the problems relating to her not finding out the sex of the baby, and how she had mostly been buying white clothes to avoid gender stereotypes, and I thought it might be nice to make a nice bright blanket for the new arrival! So I got cracking, and this is what it looked like when I left the stall!
I need to do a bit more to it yet, because it needs to be quite a bit bigger, but still, not bad for a days work!
After I finished work I went and had a cup of tea in a local cafe, and had a look at this fantastic sock knitting book that was given to me by lovely Linda from Siop Cwlwm!
There's a really funky pattern for chevron socks which I think I'd like to try out, it looks pretty straightforward, so that might well be my next pair of socks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x