Friday, 2 March 2012

Friday Makings!

Fridays have always been a pretty quiet day in our little market, so as usual I went with a list and a plan for the day! I am starting to run low on Button Monsters, so this morning I cut out ten big and ten small sets of fabric ready for the next batch. 
 The kids that come into my stall absolutely love them, and in particular they seemed to like the last batch of mini-monsters - they are a great size for pockets! So tomorrow will be spent sewing on faces and buttons, and if I get around to it I will be sewing and stuffing them too - unfortunately I forgot my super-dooper black crochet cotton today, it is ideal for face-making!
After cutting out the monsters, I decided to make a little something for myself. This gorgeous floral fleecey-fabric has been in my stash for ages - I absolutely love it, and since I have a nice amount of it for actual "proper work", I didn't think it would hurt to have a bit for myself! So I decided I would make myself a teeny zippy-purse, to keep bits and bobs in. 
 It really is quite teeny - it's only 10cm x 7cms
And this is the very retro fabric that I used to line it - I have a huge piece of this fabric, bought in a charity shop a couple of years ago, and it always makes me feel happy, it's such a cheerful print!
It's always nice to have a busy day with lots of customers, but just occasionally it's lovely to have a day of relaxed making!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x