Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Readings...February

Well, I'm still doing pretty well with my "Book a Week for 2012" challenge, having finished 10 books for February (well actually it's 9 2/3 because I have 100 pages left of "The Virgin Blue", but I will easily finish that this evening!).
So, this month I have read...
"Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen
"The End of Mr. Y" by Scarlett Thomas
"The Hours" by Michael Cunningham
"The Virgin Suicides" by Jeffrey Eugenides
"The Penelopiad" by Margaret Atwood
"Saturday" by Ian McEwan
"A Winter Book" by Tove Jansson
"Room" by Emma Donoghue
"Nights at the Circus" by Angela Carter
"The Virgin Blue" by Tracy Chevalier

So I'm up to 21 books for 2012 so far, not bad considering I was aiming for 48 for the year!! I'm not sure which book will be the first for March, but I've got a few nice things ready and waiting!

2 comments:

  1. wowsers! great selection - which was your favourite?? i love scarlett thomas, tove jansson and angela carter.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved "the End of Mr Y", and I've picked up "PopCo" too, Scarlett Thomas has an amazing story-telling style! I really enjoyed all of the books, but in particular I liked "Room", it's a beautifully written story! Highly recommended!x

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x