Thursday, 9 February 2012

More Yarn Shopping...

I've been working on a very snazzy chevron blanket for a while now - I started it as part of a plan to use up the ridiculously big yarn stash that I seem to have accumulated over the last couple of years. I had lots of odd stuff that wouldn't be useful for any large projects on it's own, but would do a row or two on a blanket. So I've been very good and used up loads, but them I had the problem that all I had left were colours that  either weren't suitable for the colour scheme that has emerged, or would have meant loads of repetition... Now as part of my New Years Resolution I decided I would finish each project before starting a new one, but my chevron blanket is one of those things that I pick up and put down when I'm in the mood, but hitting the point where I have nothing for the next row means it would come to a standstill and it would end up in a bag in the spare room (aka the graveyard of unfinished projects). So I did the unthinkable today and bought more yarn!
I think this will keep me going for a while! They're all lovely colours that I think will work well with the ones  I've already used, and I feel all excited about carrying on with my blanket. I'm sure I'm not the only crafter that hits a point with a big project where you wonder if it's going to get finished, and the chevron blanket is getting a bit like that because I've done fifty rows and I think it's easily going to need one hundred more...I'm sure it's going to be worth it though! 
Another yarn related highlight of today was this lovely book which was a belated birthday pressie from my lovely friend Amy! It's got some really good stuff to make, and just flicking through it over a cuppa I spotted knitted squares made on double pointed needles which look pretty fab! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x