Sunday, 5 February 2012

Flea Market Finds

I had a lovely afternoon out with my charity shop co-conspirator Vicky on Thursday, and we both had a couple of really good finds! In particular I like this coral coloured extending Tunisian Crochet hook, which I think would be long enough to use to make a blanket. It's been so cold here over the last few days that my mind seems to wander towards blanket making! 
As well as these lovely things, I bought a very pretty floral dress top, which I am wearing today. We are having a delightfully relaxing day - we've been for a cup of tea in our favourite cafe, and had eggs for lunch because our girls are steadfast in their laying, despite the freezing weather. We're watching "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" now - it's a classic from my childhood, I remember watching it over and over again, as well as "Alice in Wonderland". I think I drove my poor mother to distraction with my repetition of my favourite films!
For more Flea Market Finds pop on over to see Sophie Isobel!

3 comments:

  1. You've found some very cool stuff lately. Good job. And I like all of the owls you posted in your last post. They have most definitely made a come back! What's the crocheted goodies on that glass shelving...bottom right? I would love to come shop at your stall. My 'sailing' friend and I are in need of a morning out.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, I've been very lucky in the thrifty department recently! The owls really are lovely, they seem to be inspiring lots of people. The crochet in my cabinet is a granny square scarf, you can see it more clearly in this post http://gemmipopdesigns.blogspot.com/2011/10/pretty-makings.html from when I actually finished it! I would love you to come to my stall, I always like lovely visitors! Thanks for stopping by to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x