Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Days Out in London!

I have been so lucky this year to sneak in so many trips to London! Hubby and I spent Sunday and Monday in the big city - we had a lovely time wandering around and visiting some of our favourite places!
We went down to Tate Modern on Sunday, with the usual stop at the South Bank book stalls - it was a fabulous sunny Spring day and we really enjoyed walking up and down the tables loaded with books!
At Tate Modern we went to see the Yayoi Kusama exhibition - we were really excited after seeing the Walking in My Mind exhibition at the Heyward Gallery a couple of years ago, and we weren't disappointed! It was fabulous, and full of weird and wonderful things!
We enjoyed our walk back along the South Bank, stopping to listen to buskers and there was even a cellist, I love that there is always so much going on! We also stopped to have a look at Trafalgar Square to see the Russian Festival which was in full flow, we didn't have a hope of getting into the square, it was so full, but it was lovely just to stand on the sidelines and see what was going on! 
In the evening we went to see "Carnage" at the Haymarket theatre.
Yesterday after delivering hubby to his meeting, I went along to Tate Britain for a look at the "Picasso and Modern British Art" exhibition, I spent an hour walking around and really enjoyed seeing some of the Picasso works that I hadn't seen before. I also had a look at the "Migrations" exhibition and saw the English National Ballet rehearsing in the huge Duveen Gallery space. 
I met up with my husband again after his meeting and we went along to The South Bank Centre to see the "David Shrigley; Brain Activity" exhibition which was as completely crazed as I had hoped it would be!
image from South Bank Centre website
We both really loved the exhibition, and also enjoyed the admission to the Jeremy Deller exhibition that was part of the entry fee.
We spent the afternoon wandering around Covent Garden, and had a lovely time mooching around the little shops before we came home. It was a fabulous weekend, and as always I have come home with a head full of ideas and excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x