Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Day Out!

I spent today in Wolverhampton, having a mooch around the charity shops, the art gallery and drinking a lot of tea! As usual I bought lots of books...
I am justifying the purchase of seven books with the fact that I am reading so much at the moment, and this whole stash cost less than £10, the big bargain of the day being the 1970s copy of "MoominPapa at Sea" which was £1!!

I love the Moomins, Tove Jansson's work is just so delicate and beautiful! I found the book on a stall that sets up in one of the shopping centres - It's not always there, and since I don't get to visit Wolverhampton as often as I used to, I didn't know if it would be on, and they have HUNDREDS of books, all in random orders, so this book was obviously meant to be mine!
As well as my charity shop finds, I had a look in the independent yarn shop, and feeding my sock addiction, picked up this very snazzy yarn!
When I went to pay the lady asked if I would like a free sock pattern. Well, who am I to turn that down?! I particularly like the cable socks with the kilt - very cute indeed!

7 comments:

  1. The 'Virgin Suicides' is an awesome book! the film is stunning too, if you haven't seen it I recommend it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hugely envious! Would you consider a long distance book swap ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Badge - I'm really looking forward to "The Virgin Suicides", I enjoyed the film so I'm glad to hear it's a good book too!
    And Seeded - I've left a comment on your blog!
    Thank you both for pooping over to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read the virgin suicides but I have the dvd, it still freaks me out a little ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a creepy little films isn't it?! I always think it's a bit like "Girl, Interrupted" in the respect that it festers in your mind for a while after watching it, but it's just one of those films you really have to see! I'm hoping the book will be good too!xx

      Delete
  5. The book of 'Girl, Interrupted' is pretty good too - bit different from the film... The Virgin Suicides is quite faithful to the book but feels more tragic - must dig it out for a re-read me thinks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did read "Girl, Interrupted" a few years ago, but I think I enjoyed the film more. I'm getting on pretty well with "the Virgin Suicides", it's a very sad but interesting tale.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x