Friday, 24 February 2012

Crochet Books!

My lesson this morning went very well - I have now shown a very enthusiastic African Flower Crocheter how to join them all up! At the end of the lesson we were discussing which crochet books I like and find helpful, and I thought I would share some of my favourites - these are just my personal favourites, ones from my collection that I use on a regular basis...
"200 Crochet Blocks" by Jan Eaton - a really great book to start out with for techniques - very helpful and has blocks for various stages, from beginner patterns through to pretty complicated patterns for days of crochet confidence!
"Crochet Stitch Motifs" Harmony Guides - another book that's great for beginners - really good for understanding how a shape is made, and how different stitches work, with varying degrees of complication for later on down the line!
"Cute and Easy Crochet" by Nicki Trench - this one is lovely for actual projects once the basics are learnt, some very pretty things to make, and good for a bit of inspiration!
"Granny Square Love" by Sarah London - lots of gorgeous things to make with the humble granny square - I always tell new learners that once they've mastered the granny square then they can do anything, and this book is perfect for projects with a bit more variety than a blanket (which was my first granny square project!). 
They're all really beautiful books, with plenty of ideas and little things to work on. They all have instructions for (at least) basic crochet, and are all books I own and use, and would recommend to a learner. 

1 comment:

  1. I have the cute and easy crochey book and granny square love. I haven't used them much yet but am anxious to get started.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x