Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Buttons and Pom-Poms!

I've been in my little stall for about 15 months now, and I've always felt really settled - people come to see me with knitting/crocheting emergencies, or for advice (for example, one lady came up last week for suggestions on which colour buttons she should put on a knitting project - apparently I have "the eye"!) , or just to show me something that they have seen and think I will like, and it makes me feel really happy, and that I've been accepted into the local crafty community. Recently something new has been happening that has touched my crafty heart, and made me feel warm and fuzzy - a couple of people have brought me buttons, or ribbons, or fabric scraps that they don't need - because they know I can make use of pretty much everything! I feel so flattered that people have thought of me, that someone has actively thought about putting things aside for me.  It's really touching. 
So here are some of the lovely things that have been dropped in with me recently...
On Saturday I was given a big bag of buttons (because I have a "thing" for buttons!), which I promptly sorted into colours and filed away in the correct jars, ready for when they are needed! Mostly they were plain, but I found some really pretty ones - there were a couple of mother of pearl, and some really sweet flowery ones - that I am keeping to one side until I find the perfect project for them!
I also found this in the bag...
It says "Thou Shalt Not Steal". Not sure what to do with it yet!
Today a lady brought up a bag of fabric scraps, I think she'd been altering some clothes, and there were some off-cuts of t-shirt material, so obviously I knew what to do with that...
I have been absolutely desperate to try these t-shirt pompoms from  Craftaholics Anonymous after lovely Sophie Isobel over at Her Library Adventures shared the link a couple of weeks ago, and one quickly became two...
They will be hung up somewhere in my stall to brighten the place up, I think I need to make another one to go with them! I didn't have the computer to hand so I had to make up the sizes based on what I had to hand that was circular to draw around for the templates, and rather than making strips, I just made one long strip (there's a tutorial that explains how over here - Vintage Chica), but otherwise I used the same method. They really are quite fab!
So that's what I've been up to today - button sorting and pom-pom making - all thanks to some very kind and generous people! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x