Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Readings...January

This morning I finished my eleventh book for January - "The Comfort of Strangers" by Ian McEwan. I'm really very pleased that I have managed to get through January maintaining (and exceeding) my New Years Resolution. So these are the books I read...

"Wintering - a novel of Sylvia Plath" by Kate Moses
"The Scarlet Letter" by Nathaniel Hawthorne
"Amsterdam" by Ian McEwan
"Juliet, Naked" by Nick Hornby
"When God was a Rabbit" by Sarah Winman
"Slam" by Nick Hornby
"One Day" by David Nicholls
"My Week With Marilyn" by Colin Clark
"Black Dogs" by Ian McEwan
"Never Let Me Go" by Kazuo Ishiguro
"The Comfort of Strangers" by Ian McEwan

I started "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen this afternoon in a waiting room, and I am already on page 82, so I suspect February may be another successful month! I also started another pair of socks yesterday, and they are coming along quite nicely too. I am definitely feeling more positive about my work/home life balance - not only am I having something that resembles "free time",  I am more productive and efficient at work. It's a great feeling to have everything under control and going in the right direction!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for visiting and mentioning my blog. Glad you like! Never Let Me Go and When God Was a Rabbit were two of my favourite books from last year - I hope you enjoyed them too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gosh! My resolution is a book a week, but I think I shall have to start from February onwards. Your epic reading puts me to shame lady! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x