Wednesday, 25 January 2012

Readings...

This evening I finished my eighth book for January, "My Week With Marilyn" by Colin Clark.  I quite enjoyed reading a book that had a slightly different perspective on such a well known woman, even if suspension of disbelief was required for some of the long-winded exchanges that occurred (I mean really, how much of a conversation could be remembered in such word for word detail?!). But besides that it was an interesting read. 
I picked up a biography of another well known lady this evening, after my film-going experience on Monday...

Generally I'm not a fan of Royal biographies, they're not really my cup of tea, but I find Wallis Simpson quite intriguing; the idea of someone being so thoroughly captivating that she could throw a whole country into turmoil. I have to say it would be interesting to read something about her that portrays her in a new light, which is what I suspect this might be...I will be working my way around to this, but my next book is "Black Dogs" by Ian McEwan, which was recommended to me by the nice girl in the bookshop who served me when I bought "Atonement". So I'm going to pour another cup of tea and get started on it right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x