Monday, 16 January 2012

Readings...

I'll be honest; when I set myself the task of reading a book a week for 2012 I thought it was a bit of a long shot that I would manage it. I am willing to accept that New Years Resolutions tend to last for about 24 hours after they are made, and although I always make them with the best intentions, it is always inevitable that something gets in the way. But it would seem that this time I am sticking to it! 
I thought that the half-way point in the month would be a good time to share my January reads so far...
"Wintering; A Novel of Sylvia Plath" by Kate Moses
"The Scarlet Letter" by Nathaniel Hawthorne
"Amsterdam" by Ian McEwan
"Juliet, Naked" by Nick Hornby
"When God was a Rabbit" by Sarah Winman
"Slam" by Nick Hornby
So my plan to read a book a week / four books per month is going pretty well, since I've read six books in two weeks!
My other New Years Resolutions are also going pretty well - obviously I am making time for myself (given the amount of reading...) and I have only started one new project which is a mustard coloured calorimetry, which I think is fair given the cold weather, but other than that I am only working on existing projects - a second pair of socks and the chevron blanket that I started at the end of last year. It's all going very well and I am finding that the focus is helping with my work too, everything is really well organised and I feel good!

And one of the things that made me feel really good today is this; a feature on Rebecca Danger's blog! I'm really thrilled!

2 comments:

  1. My goodness woman! 6 books in 2 weeks, that's totally awesome. I keep meaning to read When God was a Rabbit, what did you think of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed it, it's a really good story, lots of interesting twists and turns, highly recommended!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x