Tuesday, 3 January 2012

New Year's Resolutions...

2011 was a pretty hectic year. I'm not complaining - it's been amazing, I've loved being busy and seeing my  business go through changes and get stronger. But sometimes I get a bit wrapped up in things that need to be done, get a bit distracted and forget to look after myself properly. I'm pretty sure I'm not the first person to fall into that trap but having made a concerted effort to make positive changes towards the end of 2011, I have realised that I don't have to be working for 24hours a day to make things happen. So my resolutions for the new year are pretty simple, straightforward changes to my habits so that I make time for myself...
  • I want to read a book per week (or at least average four per month). It's not a huge thing, but it will definitely help me to relax 
  • Having two days off per week - my stall is only open three days per week, which leaves me a day to do design/admin work and a day to laser cut/make stock, and still have two days off per week. I just need to be organised! 
  • And of course, my on-going resolution which I always break accidentally - finishing crafty projects before starting new ones...Unlikely that I'll manage this one, but at least the will is there! 
from we heart it

So those are my resolutions. They're not huge, but they will hopefully mean that I can function more effectively, and be more creative. I'm wondering if anyone else has made any resolutions that they'd be willing to share? It would be interesting to know what kind of goals are being set for 2012!

2 comments:

  1. I only have one resolution and that's not to be in my current job by the end of the year! I'm slowing making steps towards that. Let's hope we can stick to our resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a good plan! I worked somewhere that I hated for a year and although it was the kick up the behind that I needed to go to uni, I still wish I'd escaped more quickly! I hope it all works out for you!x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x