Sunday, 1 January 2012

Lovely London...

The Christmas period is a hectic time for our household, in a very good way I must say, since hubby and I both celebrate our birthdays within two weeks of Christmas Day. We both got very spoiled over Christmas, so instead of going crazy buying birthday presents for each other, this year we had a trip to London! We set off early on Thursday morning and went straight to Tate Britain. We saw the John Martin Apocalypse  exhibition, and the Barry Flanagan Early Works exhibition - they were both really impressive. The rainy weather put a dampener on our plans to go to Tate Modern, so we went to the Haymarket  cinema to see "The Lady" and "My Week with Marilyn", and I really wasn't disappointed! 
On Friday we went over to South Kensington to the V&A, to see the "Private Eye" exhibition, and this lovely lady caught my eye in the new acquisitions section ...
1960s Barbie - she's gorgeous!!
We had a lovely mooch around the shops in Covent Garden on Friday afternoon, and there was a bit of a theme to my shopping - I got a paper Moomin making kit and a Moomin coaster from the Magma shops...
and we found the Moomin pop-up shop in the Covent Garden Market, it was absolutely amazing!

Hubby sneakily bought me these awesome little figures, they are the cutest!
I also picked up another Soop ring from Magma. I just love it!
 I first came across Soop when I was at uni, researching acrylic jewellery, and I fell in love instantly. I have quite a collection now...

I have been fancying the alligator for a while, but it's the first time I've found it in my size, so I just had to buy it! I think I need some way to display them all!
The trip was a lovely way to wrap up 2011. We had a relaxing New Year's Eve, we did some charity shopping and I got a couple of books, and I got some really lovely double knit cotton for my next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x