Sunday, 8 January 2012

Flea Market Finds

For the first time in absolute ages, I got to go Charity Shopping with my husband during our Christmas break. This doesn't happen much these days due to conflicting schedules, and we both really enjoyed it! I got a stack of books, including "Enduring Love" which I am giving a second chance after a-level English nearly destroyed Ian McEwan for me...
My New Years Resolution to read a book a week is going well, I finished "Wintering - a novel of Sylvia Plath" by Kate Moses on Wednesday and have nearly finished "The Scarlet Letter" by Nathaniel Hawthorne. And I'm rather enjoying the challenge!
For more Flea Market Finds, pop on over to see Sophie Isobel!

2 comments:

  1. Those are some good book choices! I have also made reading more a resolution for this year, I love reading! I hope you enjoy Enduring Love, Ian McEwan is one of my favourite authors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sam, I've actually read "Enduring Love" three times because I studied it for my English Literature course, but unfortunately the pressure put me off reading Ian McEwan for years! I've only recently started reading his books again, so I thought I would give it another chance, but with a copy that isn't covered in my scribbled notes! Thanks for stopping by, I hope your resolution is going well too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x