Monday, 31 January 2011
Sunday, 30 January 2011
As well as enjoying making squares, I'm using up lots of little odds and ends of leftover yarn which is something I have wanted to do for ages, I have a bunch left from when I made my granny square blanket. I really love working with bright colours.
I'm off to try it out now, fingers crossed!
Pop on over to see Sophie Isobel for more Flea Market Finds!
Saturday, 29 January 2011
Crochet a Rainbow - total granny squares so far...8
Wednesday, 26 January 2011
Tuesday, 25 January 2011
Oriel Wrecsam is a lovely gallery, they've been very supportive and it's nice to be showing work in the town where I studied. The pieces they're showing are from my final year work, featuring found buttons. They're made from silver and linen, embroidered with the co-ordinates of the location where the buttons were found.
It would seem that I have some duties as recipient of said award...
1. Thank and link back to the person to gave me this award,
2. Share 7 things about yourself,
3. Award 15 Bloggers,
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award
So, seven things about me
2) I love textiles. It's fairly obvious given what I do for a living these days, but I just love fabric in all shapes and sizes. I love floral prints and polka dots most of all, but generally anything in lovely colours with a fantastic pattern will catch my eye.
3) I love TV shows. My favourite TV show is "Pushing Daisies", but I also love "Bewitched" and "Spaced" and "Friends" and "Frasier" and "Big Bang Theory". At the moment we are working through series four of "Heroes" which is pretty much all we've watched since Christmas.
4) I have always liked to make things. When I was really young we went to the zoo and my mum bought me a plastic hippo, so the next day I made a whole zoo out of cardboard, so my hippo had somewhere to live. I even made him a pool to swim in (it was piece of cardboard with a hole in it and a plastic dairylea tray taped underneath). I also made an aquarium for my stuffed dolphin and a nativity (the angel had a toilet tissue dress and doilies for wings). I have always had a very vivid imagination, and used to ring my dad to ask him to bring home boxes all the time...
5) My favourite band is Hole, and has been since I was about 12 years old. I have very eclectic taste in music; everything from kitsch pop (in an ironic way), through to angry metal. My favorite bands are The Deftones, The Joy Formidable, The Lemonheads, Queen Adreena, My Ruin, The XX, Florence and the Machine, Garbage, Jack Off Jill, Human Waste Project, KT Tunstall, Mumford and Sons, and TheAudience.
6) Music again, but I really love Sia, and I think my favourite song in the world ever is "Breathe Me"
7) I like writing lists, obvious really given that most of the points I've made here involve lists...
So there's some stuff about me that you may not have known before. I hope it wasn't too boring.
The 15 Bloggers that I want to pass the award along to are *drum roll please*
The Whistling Cowgirl
Jumble Sale Rabbits
Made by Jewls
me plus molly
ponder and stitch
Shara Lambeth Designs
the Royal Sisters
Whirlwind Amy Designs
Sorry if any of you have already been given the award, I've just chosen my favourite blogs, ones that I enjoy reading and am inspired by!
Monday, 24 January 2011
For more Flea Market Finds, pop on over and say hello to Sophie Isobel, who is also having a lovely little giveaway this week!
Saturday, 22 January 2011
Friday, 21 January 2011
Dust Jacket Book - The Elves and the Shoemaker by Alix SwanFlo Doll fabric dolls by Fat Hen and Flolittle rabbit pouch by the glass mountain
Thursday, 20 January 2011
I took a sneaky pic, I love the gorgeous dresser with all the pretty teacups and saucers, and the silvery tree in the corner has pictures of vintage teapots and cups and saucers hanging on the branches. It's a very, very sweet tea shop, and they were playing Blondie on the little retro radio, which just finished it off nicely!
I'll be laminating some I think, so they look shiny, and I think I'll stitch them together with red thread, and possibly some ribbon. Big plans indeed. I am also thinking about making some crochet hearts to decorate with.
For more Creative Spaces pop on over to Kootoyoo
Monday, 17 January 2011
Sunday, 16 January 2011
I've been using the retro floral design for some of my packaging, I think it's nice and fresh, so I thought I'd go for it for my profile pic.
Wednesday, 12 January 2011
Monday, 10 January 2011
The purple one is made from vintage floral fabric, the red one is from some fabric offcuts that I was given, and both have grey fabric from a t-shirt that didn't fit, so they are both environmentally friendly. I will be wearing the purple one tomorrow with a new top, so hopefully it will finish off a new outfit.