Friday, 16 December 2011

Knitting...

For the first time in ages my "to-do" list was short and easy to finish, so I decided to spend the day making something for myself. I've been admiring this pattern for ages, but I've never had the confidence, but since the short row knitting thing is deeply ingrained in my brain now from sock knitting I thought it would be do-able... so here it is, my very first calorimetry!!
It took most of the day, but I think it was worth it! And after giving it a test run in the cold, I can say that it is not only cute but jolly practical - It kept my ears warm, and didn't stress me out with my hair like a beanie type hat does. It may well have convinced me to keep my hair long too, and I have decided that it may well be the perfect project for using some gorgeous yarn that my buddy Amy bought for me in Italy. Obviously I will be making more of these things... My apologies for the photo quality (stupid dark British evenings).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x