Saturday, 1 October 2011

Pretty Makings...

I had a busy little day today! Last night, inspired by the Mollie Makes coin purse free gift, I dug out a clasp that I bought a couple of months ago, and a vintage pillow case, and started making a purse for myself. I hit a bit of a bump in the road - I was having difficulty sewing the fabric to the clasp because I didn't want the stitching on the outside, but if I put the sewing inside then the outside sagged... so I went around and around in circles. I decided to sleep on it and hope for crafty problem solving inspiration. So this morning, after I had a chat with some of the lovely market ladies where we mulled over the problem, I sat down and looked at it and the solution presented itself - buttons. Always buttons. How silly of me...
So the buttons work a bit like studs in upholstery, holding everything in place. And now it's pretty and functioning!! So once it was done I did some actual work...
and finished a scarf I had been working on. It's so pretty! It wasn't the best time to be working on scarves since the sun has shone on my lovely little town for days now, but at least I'll be prepared for when the weather changes and my customers need something cosy to wrap up in!

1 comment:

  1. You were busy! Love both makes. The buttons on the purse are inspired.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x