Thursday, 8 September 2011

My Creative Space

Today I am working from home on a bunch of new designs ready to cut out next week, mostly on the laptop and a bit in my sketchbook (which is going very well now, I have finally found a routine that works for me!), but I have to admit that a pic of my laptop screen doesn't make for a terribly exciting creative space! So I thought instead I would share my crochet and knitting projects...
The cream crocheting is the back of the stripey cushion cover that I've been working on. It's coming along quite well. I am also working on a chunky grey scarf because there's been a definite, unmistakable chill in the air of late. It's going to be a long scarf with pockets and a hood, which will have ears on it.
I have found that I am picking up and putting down projects lots lately. I have quite a bit on the go but it depends entirely on my mood what I go for, but I am remembering to make time for fun stuff. Generally I'm doing better with my routines - I am learning to prioritise my workload better for the stall, and to take time to be creative, and it's helping with the work/life balance. I know it sounds a bit self-indulgent when I get to make for a living, but for a while everything became a bit foggy and confused, and there were never enough hours in the day. But now I am working more efficiently, and everything is still getting done. It's a nice place to be, and it's helping me to be more creative. I'm not sure if that makes sense...I think essentially it means I'm relaxing which is always a good thing!
To see what everyone else has been up to, pop on over to Our Creative Spaces!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the chill in the air! Both projects sound great! Can't wait to see the scarf finished, pockets, hood and ears all sound very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x