Sunday, 25 September 2011

Makings...

I've been a busy bee this week. Here are some of my makings...
Little Blue-Bird... A pair of Festive Robins that have already flown away to spread some cheer...and a special custom necklace!

As well as all of the actual makings, I have been having a bit of a change around in the stall, in preparation for the arrival of a new counter. I wanted to open the space up a bit and use one of the walls for display, which is a good idea in principle, but it means that some of my work space will be given over to selling. Which leads me to the problem that if my cabinet full of making supplies overlaps the "selling" space a bit, it will obviously lead customers to think that my books and buttons and yarn are for sale. So the way to get around that was to add a bit of Dottie Angel inspired cleverness to the cabinet to make it more private, but still pretty and suitable to display stuff (like festive Robins) on. I think it looks really quite fabulous.

6 comments:

  1. The birdies are LOVELY! So, so cute! Are you going to be making robins ready for Christmas? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little robins very cute xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those birds are gorgeous. I love bird images and things! Also loving the cabinet with the Dottie Angel treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks muchly! I will be making lots of these little lovelies over the next few weeks, I have lots cut out already so I need to have a sewing up day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little cabinet looks so pretty backed with that lovely vintage sheet and as for the birdies...Oh. They are too cute for words. Little Christmas Robbins = love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh love the red robins, reminds me of my English mummy, love Posie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x