Sunday, 4 September 2011

Makings...

It might well have looked like I've done nothing but make hats over the last few weeks, but I have been busy working away on a couple of projects at home too!
Front left - I have been making African Flower Hexagons for weeks now in different colours, but I decided to start joining up last week! I am going to do a row of each colour-way rather than mixing them up or any other kind of pattern, partly because I thought I could keep adding colours as I fancied rather than having to make all of the hexagons first. It's working well for me so far. They're all made in double knit yarn with a 5mm hook. The pattern for the flower hexagons is here, and I am joining using the invisible stitch that is explained so well over here.

Front Right - My second attempt at socks. I WILL NOT give in to Second Sock Syndrome this time, I'm really determined to be wearing these socks soon!! The yarn for these socks is Regia 4-ply sock yarn and it's quite delightful!The sock pattern I'm using is here, many thanks to Vicky for her help with heel turning on Friday night!

Back - The stripey crochet at the back is a cover for a cushion. We had a new couch last week, it's a lovely squishy chocolate brown corduroy-style affair, so it needs some lush cushions to finish it off. I've been quietly working away on this in the evenings whilst watching the first three "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies, and now we've moved onto the "Planet of the Apes" box set. It's been a lovely relaxing project. The yarn is the lovely Debbie Stoller Stitch Nation Bamboo that I picked up a couple of weeks ago and I'm just working in double crochet stripes with a 6.5mm hook.

So that's my makings over the last couple of weeks - I have also been collecting suitable fabric for a orange/yellow/red rag rug for my newly-decorated living room, and also finally finished edging my pretty flower granny blanket - I just have to tie in the ends now...

Thanks to everyone that has sent me messages about Daisy-Bun, your kindness is much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x