Friday, 19 August 2011

Big-Knit Eve!

Well, it's only Big-Knit Eve, and there are already 203 hats finished and on display in the stall!

Today my mum brought three carrier bags full of them. There were 117. I am so happy that so many people have been so willing to give up their time to make so many hats for charity, but also that so many people have been so supportive of me and my slightly nutty plan to have a Big-Knit day. I can say honestly that I wasn't sure how it would go, or if anyone would be interested at all. It's been a crazy 10 months, opening the stall was a big step for me, and the outpouring of support for the hats makes me feel warm and fuzzy. The two seem inextricably linked somehow. Regardless of how the big day itself goes, I feel really thrilled with the amount of hats that I can pack off to Innocent. So, enough sentimentality, bring on the hats....
There are two lovely Strawberry hats - I like this one because it has yellow seeds (the other has white!!)
And as well as two strings of hats, they have now taken over my workbench. I have visions of my whole stall being full...
And a close up of some of the hats, including an extra four from lovely Linda from Siop Cwlwm Croesoswallt! I am really excited about tomorrow - today I was knitting away while my lovely friend Martin made pom-poms. It was ace and I hope just a taster of the fun we will all have tomorrow!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x