Sunday, 17 July 2011

Lots of New Projects on the Go!

I've been a busy bee over the last few weeks; I've had lots of commissions and custom orders, and there's been plenty going on in the stall, but in between everything else, I've been busy making a few things for myself! So here's what I've been upto...
This will be the first of a pair of wrist warmers that will go over the top of my roller skating wrist protectors. It's in cotton 4-ply so it's taking a bit of time, but I'm sure it will be worth it! I am planning to rib the top and do a crochet picot type of design on the hand end.

I have also been making African Flower Hexagons. I started with cushion covers in mind, but I think I'm already far too far down the line for that one, so another throw blanket may be on the cards... I will be edging them in white, but I'm planning to join as I go - something I've never done before! I am also introducing a new colour-way...
I think it's going to be pretty fancy!

and most recently, inspired by one of my Stitch and Bitch ladies, I started this Rag Rug! I showed the lady in question how to crochet circles a couple of weeks ago, she has picked it up really fast and is now making a circular rag rug, so in the process she found out how to make a bedsheet into one long crochet-able strip! Well, I was so impressed that I wanted to try it out, so I went charity shopping after work on the hunt for sheets and pillow cases and sheets! I started a rectangular rug last night, I love having a ball of fabric the size of a watermelon!
I am so bad at starting projects and not finishing them, but I am determined that all of these projects (plus my second sock, stripey blanket and flower blanket) will all be finished soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x