Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Crochet Day!

I had a very busy weekend in the stall - it was Oswestry Food Festival, so the market was open on Saturday and Sunday! I met lots of new people who were really enthusiastic, so hopefully some of them will come back for another visit! I sold my first Yo-Yo making kit too, so I hope the little lady that bought it will come and show me how she got on!
After work on Sunday we hopped in the auto-mobile and went on an adventure to London! We had a lovely dinner in our favourite restaurant and had a very nice stroll down to Trafalgar Square. Then yesterday I had a trip to Camden Market, and went to see the "Treasures of Heaven" exhibition in the British Museum. I also had a mooch around the National Gallery and the Portrait Gallery! How lovely!
Today I am back to work, I have been replying to emails and working on more crochet motifs, which I am describing as work, but it's not really! I am just trying out new designs so that I can expand my understanding, here are my efforts so far, some from today others from last week.
I am working out of two books now - Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs and Crochet Stitch Motifs: 250 to crochet. They're both great books, and I am remembering more easily now that one is English and the other is American and that I need to switch abbreviations! It's good to practise I think, I like to stretch myself with new stuff, and it would seem that suddenly I can understand crochet charts! How very odd!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x