Sunday, 31 July 2011

Big Knit for Innocent Smoothie and AgeUK

I spent some time yesterday making hats for the Innocent Smoothie "Big Knit". I make a bunch of hats every year, but I have decided that this year, since I have so much lovely space in the stall, I will have a big knit along for Innocent! So from 9.30am-3pm on Saturday 20th August there will be a drop-in session, where knitty folks can pop in and knit a hat! There is also the added incentive that the lovely market cafe are offering a free scone with every hot drink for the knitters to bring down to the stall! How fab!!
So, I've been making little pompoms, and have already had a fair bit of interest from my customers and my gorgeous Stitch and Bitch ladies - one of the ladies can't make it, so she's already very kindly brought up some double knit yarn, a bunch of pompom templates and two very sweet little hats! I'm hoping it will be a fun day! The pattern can be found here, it's really easy and fun to make, and of course, the main thing is that it helps AgeUK and what could be better than that?!
I've been invited to a local "Ladies Meeting" on Thursday evening - the ladies are already itching to get going with the hats, so I'm going up to knit with them, and take them some pompom templates!
I've been asked to make it clear that I am not a financial supporter or corporate partner in the Big Knit so there, it's clear, I'm just hosting a knit along!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love the thought of knitting for charity! I might have to make some hats too! Hope your knit along goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm really looking forward to it!x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x